Friday, October 18, 2019

Beginning the booking process.

Fauzi Azar Inn in Nazareth, from their Facebook page.  
It is so exciting to start booking things for my SabbaticalI  I have the travel advance from my congregation, now that they have the check.   I'm booked for a week at at the Citadel Hostel in the old City in Jerusalem, and three nights at the Fauzi Azar Inn (pictured above) in Nazareth.  That gives me two full days in the city that Jesus grew up in, and will allow me time to get out to Mt. Tabor, where the Transfiguration is traditionally thought to take place.

Luke 10:4 The Message (MSG)

“Travel light. Comb and toothbrush and no extra luggage.
I'm in a female dorm room, which I think is the one in the picture.   Pretty place, huh?  Other places I enquired via email, and began hearing back on this morning.

My accommodation preference is hostels, like Fauzi Azar.    One place where that will not happen is in Caparnaum - I arrive on Friday, and I think the hostel there is closed Friday night.

One location seems to be full the night I need, so I'll email and also look for alternatives.   Otherwise I am excited.   I've also found a good set of flights and am watching them via a couple of flight booking sites.   Hopefully I'll find a good price on them in the next month or so.

I've added a couple days onto the beginning of my trip to explore a location that a friend recommended: Akko, so that I will have 3 days to explore Akko and Caeseria Maritima at the beginning of the trip, also giving me some time to adjust to the new time schedule, before heading out on the trail.

It is exciting to book things, even though some (like the inn above) require prepayment.    I think this is where it begins to become real.  I'm working down through my itinerary, starting with places with fewer options and going to some with more options.    Next, I need to work out the rest of the Jesus trail and Bethlehem accommodation.   Then I can start booking Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment