Sunday, February 21, 2021

Two Hour Sabbatical Overview with Rick Steves!

 

I discovered on Rick Steves' web page, his Classroom Europe section, where you can watch little snippets of his shows and rearrange them any way you like.    I decided to put together the pieces that he has up that correspond to my Sabbatical itinerary.   So I can vicariously visit, and so can you!  

Of course there are big gaps.  It's missing Scrooby, England; Leiden, Netherlands, Subiaco, Italy, Macedonia in Greece (Thessaloniki, Philippi, Berea), and Patmos and Corinth in Greece, Caeseria Maritima and many of the sights on the Jesus Trail (Sepphoris, Cana, Migdal).   Nonetheless it hits a lot of them. 

Malta is funny, because Rick skips every sight that I am seeing; none of the St. Paul sites are included in his video. But he's doing a day run off a cruise ship, and I'm a pilgrim staying in (most likely) a hostel.   very different.  But I included it because there are some things in there I might try to see, if I have time after I've done a full St. Paul pilgrimage.  

You can watch the playlist at https://classroom.ricksteves.com/watch_playlist/VYIJN

The whole thing runs about 2 hours 7 minutes, but it can be viewed piecemeal as well.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment