Friday, November 1, 2019

Gear

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17RFRTf1tsTQq3EDxzRB0AuoVgKZo0ZMi
So I am going to be hiking from Nazareth to Capernaum, and carrying with me everything I need for 15 weeks.  This requires some specialized gear!!!!

Now, some I have (hostel sheets, travel clothesline, Moneybelt, travel shirts). Some I can borrow (water bottles), but some I needed to buy. 

Like an internal frame backpack, hiking boots, socks, poles.  (backpack and boots are a gift from my wonderful husband!)  Since I’m not the richest person around, and since some of these things are better worn in a little, I am carefully balancing and slowly acquiring things.   A Tilly hat.  A map of Jerusalem.  

You will note 2 pairs of pants (there will eventually be a third pair in black) and a skirt.  This is because since I started planning, I have lost almost 70 pounds.   I can indeed use existing shirts in my travel wear collection, but the bottoms just fall off me.   So, new bottoms, but by bit (this lightweight, quick dry stuff with security pockets is not cheap, so I’m not getting many, or very fast).   

By next April I’ll have all I need ( or will not need what I don’t have :-). )

Yeah, this post was supposed to post later in the week, but I think some of you saw it early.   I was trying to post from my phone.   Later, maybe next week, I'll talk about apps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment