Friday, February 21, 2020

Finishing up my bookings

The last couple of weeks I've been slowly but surely finalizing my itinerary and making my final bookings.   It helped that my husband and I settled on a plan, we booked a timeshare for a week in the Dolomites, and hope our friends Angelo and Letizia will join us there (in any case we will also visit them for a weekend in Milano).   Then we will be off for England, where I'll explore the history of the English separatists in Scrooby and attend my godchild Aryk's graduation from the University of Keele.  Mark will hang out with friends in London, and I'll spend a couple of nights there, most likely, visiting Wesley chapel and friends in the area.

I also was able, with a commitment to be in England from July 20-25, to finalize plans for Switzerland and Leiden in the Netherlands, and I booked a night in Oban, Scotland the night before I travel to Iona for a retreat.

I also booked Blue Star Ferries to Patmos, paying extra for a bunk, since I'm pretty old (64 😊) and decided I didn't want to try sleeping in an airline-style seat.  

I still have a couple of nights I'm not sure about: the night in Keele when I attend the graduation (that date won't be announced until April) and 2 nights returning to Hamburg from Scotland (which might include a visit with a friend, or might involve overnight trains. )  

So next are museum and rail bookings:   Mostly I have identified my routes and train schedules, but since booking trains means paying for them, I am delaying until later.  Museum tickets appear to be mostly available 3 months out, and there are only a couple that I need: The Vatican Museums and DaVinci's last supper are the major ones I care about.  

But basically I'm done.  I have a place to sleep every night but 4, one of those will resolve in April, and the others will be sleeping on my transportation.  

Next, planning my reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment