Thursday, January 16, 2020

Final Itinerary


Pebblar itinerary

So today I talked to my brother, last week I talked to our friends in Italy, and my itinerary is finalized!   There are a few places where for a couple days exact locations are still a little fuzzy but the final itinerary is:

Israel (20 days)
      3 Nights Akko
      3 Nights Nazareth
      4 days/3 nights Jesus Trail  (Kafr Kanna, Kibbutz Lavi, Arbel)
      2 nights Tabgha/Capernaum
      3 nights Bethlehem (Jericho, Hebron)
      5 nights Jerusalem
         ending with a day trip to Nablus (ancient Samaria) with a late evening flight to Greece
Greece (9 days)
      3 nights Thessaloniki
      3 nights Athens
      Patmos (overnight ferry, day in Patmos, overnight ferry)
      1 night Corinth
Malta (1 day, 2 nights)
      2 nights Malta
Italy round 1 (8 days)
      5 nights Rome
      2 nights Assisi (or 2 more nights Rome)
      1 night Trent
Germany round 1 (14 days)
       5 nights Pinneberg (visiting my brother)
       1 night Eisenach
       2 nights Eiseleben (day trip to Mansfeld)
       2 nights Lutherstadt Wittenberg
       2 nights Erfurt
       1 night Augsburg
       1 night Worms (or a second night in Augsburg)
       1 night Strasbourg, France
Italy, round 2 (9 days: primarily vacation with my husband and time to reflect. )
       5 nights in Sappeda, in the Dolomites      
       3-4 nights Milan or Italian Alps with friends
England (4 days)
      4 nights split between central England (Scrooby, Keele) and possibly London.
            (Exact split depends on my nephew's graduation date from University of Keele)
Switzerland/Netherlands (6 days)
      3 nights Zurich
      2 nights Geneva
      1 day Leiden, Netherlands
Scotland (7 nights)
       1 night traveling to Iona, probably night in Oban
       6 night/7 day Braving the Elements retreat with Wild Goose Worship Group
                   at the Iona Community
Germany (21 days)
          2 nights to transit from Iona to Hamburg.  Maybe via Berlin
        18 nights Hamburg, with Brot und Rosen
          1 night Hamburg Airport hostel, prior to my flight

Totals are 100 days, there are an additional 5 days of travel mostly on the ends.     I'm about halfway through booking hostels and the like and have all my airfare, but not train, bus or ferry reservations yet.   I'm holding off on everything for the second Italy time and the time in England, until I have exact dates, and figure out the timeshare thing (we may use a timeshare for part of that time.)

That's my trip!

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment