Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Relishing every day

The changes (see my last blog post) to the schedule kind of freed up a week or so for me.    But to try to eat some of that, I discovered a retreat that really speaks to me on the Isle of Iona, but requires me there 6 nights, instead of 3, as originally planned.

That, and working out how things will fit around my godchild's graduation from the University of Keele, not to mention my husband's plans to join us, and his desires to also spend time visiting friends in Europe, mean that I'm doing a lot of shuffling and reshuffling.   All the same places, but in a different order.  

But it also has me contemplating how every moment will be used.   Busy days and less busy days.   Study days and fun days.  Time with family and time in retreat.  AND time in service.   It reminds me how precious every moment of this Sabbatical is, and what a gift, and at the same time, how precious every moment of my life is, and what a gift.

In that vein, I'm trying to make the reshuffling and the planning all a spiritual practice of stewardship: stewardship of this great gift I have, from my church of the time, from the Lilly Endowment of the money to do this.   Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment