Saturday, June 12, 2021

Rest

 I'm not good at rest.    I would not call myself a type A personality, I'm not that driven, but I like, a LOT, always being active.    I have not deviated from that pattern much with this sabbatical.  Oh, I have added in some sabbath days, I've tried to keep major sights to two per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, in order to linger a bit in these places where Jesus, Paul, and the church walked.  And I have some "slow down and recharge" expectations, like getting a practice of meditation really going again. 

But I'm not good at stopping.  Even my Iona Community retreat is an active retreat, based on worship and learning more about that from a Wild Goose Worship Group point of view, "Braving the Elements."

So maybe it is good that I'm being forced into 10 days of inactivity at the beginning?    

We'll see. 


30 days left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment