Friday, August 20, 2021

Not much to say

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1H5Qh0oMtsohpBl9PHJnQ9TPuN6C3tvpa  https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1QEaXtvUjrSdAvO2HAMAompaxit9HABhd

I fear that there will be little to say over the next ten days.  The big event yesterday was getting groceries, which was an adventure!    The eggs are free range and they are a nice golden brown.   Sizes were sometimes a bit of a surprise: the bottle of salad dressing and bags of salad greens are tiny, which is fine as I’ll make do, but the bag of fusilli is huge.  I did not realize I was ordering a kilogram! A quarter kilo would have been plenty!   
For dinner last night I ate a “Gregg’s Vegan Steak Bake”. Which is made by the Quorn folks exclusively for Gregg’s and features tasty little protein/mushroom particles in a brown sauce covered in a puff like pastry, a half a plate salad of colorful lettuce mix with a very tasty fat-free dressing and a couple of slices of wholemeal bread, plus an apple for dessert.   This morning it was plain yogurt, fresh British strawberries and some granola I packed from home.   Plus coffee with Scottish milk.   The coffee is instant, which is basically the only choice, and surprisingly good, though not by any means the coffee I am used to.   
The big event today is taking and posting my first Covid test, though first I will wander down to the post box to find out what it’s hours are.
And clean the pan that was left in the oven and created a smoke cloud when I turned it on yesterday.
DO YOU SEE HOW BORING THIS COULD GET?
I think I might not post daily for the next 10 (now 9?) days.
Love you all!
(Yes the breakfast picture is sideways.  I’m trying to fix it)

No comments:

Post a Comment