Monday, August 9, 2021

Some short observations

  • I now understand why it is so important that your medications are in your carryon.   I have a bunch of them, and they are in big bottles due to the choice of my online pharmacy and the fact that they say to make sure you have the original bottles.  But I have them. 
  • When you are in quarantine you cannot go out and buy a new shirt or toothbrush.  Or soap or shampoo.  My teeth feel fuzzy.  And I don’t like the way I smell.   I will shower today using the hand soap in the bathroom, but I will have to put on the same clothes I had on three days ago when I left Iona (although I had layered two shirts, and the long sleeved shirt is going on despite the temps here!)
  • I am deeply thankful that years ago, my daughter Catherine taught me how to use a moka pot.   Thanks to grocery delivery, I have coffee this morning. 
  • I have a jacket, a sweater, and a fleece vest.  This is definitely overkill in a city where temps are supposed to hit 102 on Thursday. 
  • I also packed my cords and chargers in my carryon. Less because I thought about it, and more because I wanted to charge till the very last minute.    It was a good idea.  It’s why I can connect during this very lonely time, with friends and family (hello, pinochle!) Elsewhere.

No, my luggage did not arrive yesterday. I am praying that it will today.   In the meantime, I’m going to go take that shower with the hand soap, and put on the long sleeved shirt.  


P.S.  do you remember that scene in “The Little Mermaid” where she combs her hair with a fork?   Today I am grateful for that idea.   


No comments:

Post a Comment