Thursday, August 26, 2021

Germany and uncertainty

So finally I am in Germany, winging my way on a super fast ICE train to Hamburg.   I’ll spend a long weekend hanging with my brother, then three weeks as a volunteer with Brot und Rosen, a church based philanthropic organization that works with refugees.   With all the talk of Afghan refugees, this is something that I think will be as valuable to me as to them.   Maybe more so.   Then . . . . 

The truth is, I don’t know. 

Israel was set to start accepting tourists in early August, but they have not started it yet, and I don’t know if it will even be possible to travel there as an individual traveler.    If it is, it is not possible to come from Greece, which is on Israel’s list of no-no departure points. 

Currently, my itinerary has me traveling to  Thessaloniki on September 29, and traveling Athens to Tel Aviv on October 7.  One of those places is not going to happen, and I don’t know which.  I keep putting it off, but I do know that 7 days out, September 22, I will need to do SOMETHING to plan my way forward.

Israel is my priority, but if it is not possible, there is little I can do about it. 

If you are a praying person, keep me in your prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment