Saturday, July 10, 2021

Buying groceries from another continent

 

10 days of quarantine, more specifically, self-isolation, in a studio apartment will require food.   And at first I struggled a bit trying to set up a delivery from a British Grocery that I knew well, Tesco.   But Tesco can’t take my US phone number (and I can’t trick it into letting me set up an account without one).  

Iceland, another chain that I’ve never heard of, was able to let me set up an account, deliver to the apartment I’ll be staying in without contact, and they even took Paypal!   Next Wednesday, at 7 PM I’ll have about $60 (40 odd pounds) of groceries delivered to keep body and soul together.   Lots of fruits and veggies, some pasta, LOTS of salad, oatmeal, and even a bit of coffee!   I’ll carry a handful of stuff with me, so if they are late I have something to eat the first night. 

I also ordered a couple of Kindle books for the first two weeks, and I suspect I will check out some Scottish TV.   Too bad the Olympics don’t start till my last night of isolation!

No comments:

Post a Comment