Friday, July 30, 2021

On the way to the isles!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-rlt11-ZX2_mPpniD_3nVNCPrh6wYGGm
It is a cloudy morning as I am boarding my first ferry of the morning, the Caledonian-MacBrae ferry to Mull.  This morning I’ll travel across the isle of Mull to Fionnphort, where I’ll pick up a second ferry to Iona.   Breakfast this morning is an egg and tomato sandwich (cold) from the observation deck snack bar.   
Iona was supposed to be the last thing in my sabbatical, a retreat to help me process all that has happened and to study the worship process, maybe figure out worship ways to share all of this.  But Covid intervened and, the last 3 weeks aside, I am now kicking off my sabbatical with this retreat.  

It’s the same retreat, just delayed from last year.  And I may find myself shipping things home from the retreat, if there are materials (which I think there are, as I paid an extra fee for materals).  But these days you do things as you can. 

I am eager to spend a week on the Holy Isle, and indeed I am looking forward to exploring every corner of this tiny island. If time permits today, as I’ll be arriving around 10 AM and the retreat does not start until3, I may make my way to the Isle of Staffa, to see the puffins and Fingal’s cave before retiring to the Abbey..

I am excited to be spending time at the Abbey of Iona, although I am not sure what I will encounter as far as connectivity.   If you don’t hear from me, assume I’m praying.   I’ll be back Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment