Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Disaster averted


The night before last I had some tooth pain. Ache really, not full on pain.   Like maybe I'd been clenching my jaw too much.  

Last night I had trouble sleeping, partly because of tooth pain, and partly because I could not stop thinking about all the things I need to do still!!!!

This morning I realized I needed to have the tooth at least looked at.   Could not fly to Europe with a toothache.   Boy was I stressed!   The last two times I've had mouth pain it ended up with a root canal.  I knew darn well I did not have time for a root canal before my flight Monday.  But I needed to know what was up. 

Well the second root canal was way back in early Covid pandemic time.  Maybe late April, early May 2020.   At a point when a dentist was not seeing patients unless there was an emergency.   And the last two nights the pain was in the same place it had been then (though not nearly as severe as last year!)

Yup, the dentist said after he checked me out, that's the tooth that is the problem!   Seems I've been clamping down on it a little too hard. And with Covid and all, I still have just a temporary filling in it, not the crown I really need.   

So he shaved off a little bit of the top (so I can't clamp down so tight) and told me to baby it, have a great trip, and I made an appointment to finally get the crown I really need about 10 days after I get home.  

Whew!  Bullet averted. 

And more hummous than pretzels in my diet for the next 16 weeks!    But that was the plan anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment