Thursday, July 8, 2021

Reading List for the next 16 weeks.

Today I put together an extensive itinerary and reading plan.   Several people in my community have asked for it.  This is available to my Bible Study folks (as it was planned as part of the sabbatical for them to follow me this way - although they are not actually meeting in July or August, I do have a set of readings for them to follow in September and October. )

But I also have a larger set of readings that will be MY study during the sabbatical.  Anyone who wants to can choose from, and I've put them in a six page document, that you can download in pdf form from http://www.bvfof.org.  The link is right there on the top page, end of the third paragraph.   There are three major sources for the list. 

  1. The Bible.   Yup.  If you follow along with me, you will read a good deal of the New Testament.  I'm going to listen, as I got a CEB audio bible for my phone.  This breaks up the books by location, and it is kind of a New Testament collection, because I didn't have time to research all 
  2. Documents of the Christian Church: Fourth Edition, edited by Henry Bettenson & Chris Maunder, (c)2011, Oxford University Press.  A good book to have.   The Brush Valley Fusion of Faith has two or three extra copies around, provided by the Lilly Endowment for our members, so if you attend here, get it.  It's also available pretty cheap as a kindle book, which is how I am going to read it. 
  3. The internet.  This is the easiest part, because the pdf has live links, so you can link right to the web page I'm talking about, whether it is a Wikipedia article, or the Vatican museums' web site or anything else. 
Yes, this is a sabbatical, a sacred time away.   Not just a fun trip.   A trip with study and reading involved.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment