Sunday, September 12, 2021

Good Morning

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1WgZFrWS7s7utwttdulXqzNRlfg9B7llu
I’m often the first one awake. At least in the house (I think one person’s home is outside of the basic house, since she comes through the door most mornings, and had a child (families generally have a small apartment elsewhere in the complex.).  That will shock my husband, but lately even without the alarm I am up and about by 7, a full hour before our prayer together, which is at 8:30 on Monday and Tuesday and at 8 on Wednesday - Friday (I think this allows for work schedules.)

The first one up makes a carafe full of coffee, so I’m making coffee most mornings.   It’s from a large French press, no drip here, and poured into a large thermal carafe for whoever wants some. 

We start every day with prayer.    I photographed the prayers so I would have them.  They are short and good, and I hope to continue this kind of prayer through the rest of my Sabbatical.   It suits me, combining song, prayer, communion on Mondays, and a time of silence that is meaningful but not too long.   

Waking early, praying the day in with others.   Truly a good morning.   I wonder if, once he retires, my husband would join me in a daily prayer time in the morning.  It could change the whole meaning of the phrase.

Good morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment