Sunday, September 12, 2021

Searching for Jerusalem

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RI-6gdud3JtHTtaT3B8ddmO9IFUu1JTF
Full disclosure - I stole this graphic off the internet.  Since it’s via my phone, I can’t even attribute it.  Sorry. 

I’ve been searching pilgrimage tours in Israel for the whole afternoon so far (at 5 I’ll head out for an organ concert at Hauptkirche St. Jakobi, which supposedly has the largest organ (60 registers, more than 4000 pipes, for those who pay attention to such things) in Northern Europe.   

Israel is letting tourists in (even from Greece) effective September 19, but only in groups.   Individual travel is supposed to resume in November, just a tad late for me.   So I am researching group pilgrimages, which would get me to Israel, if not exactly as I had hoped.   Mostly I am looking at tours from Great Britain, as English would be helpful.  

It’s a little complex, and one tour operator has already told me no can do, we recommend you book in December (which I can’t actually do) but we will see if this is an option for me.  It means moving everything in Greece to another time, maybe even rushing Luther a bit (but I can rework that at the end) and extra travel to and from Great Britain, but it might happen.   

Maybe all of you are praying for me to get to Israel.  If so I thank you and will assume, if I get there, that you ha something to do with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment