Friday, September 24, 2021

Someone made up my room - and I did something that was just fun.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1m4XyQ_el417sQhdZRvgQ0VSv5Wh1SJZZ
Someone made up my room today.  This might seem strange coming from someone who has been traveling for 2 1/2 months, but today was the first time I was in a place where someone made up the room.   Either I’ve been in apartments, or in a monastic community, or in a hostel, or in a home (my brother’s or Brot und Rosen’s).   Augustinerkloster is run more like a hotel (with prices to match - now that I am not going to three expensive places in Israel, this stay is the most luxurious of my sabbatical. 

It is a little strange to be served in this way.    I’ve been making my bed(and did this morning - the maid did not change that, nor did she move my towels, but the trash was emptied, and the toilet paper was folded into a little point. )

I also did something entirely hedonistic.  After a full Martin Luther day (Lutherstein, Wartburg and Lutherhaus in Eisenach) I arrived back home too late for church at the monastery, so I took a tram across town and went to the Octoberfest, where I had my favorite roasted mushrooms, a sheep cheese sandwich, and my new favorite beer - a Radler made with a seasonal Himbeer (raspberry) soda.  It’s bright pink and it is very, very yummy.   
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cWfgj9k0qEO5ozPdL5yeE8gLRoafpfrv
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1d5nyZnIQGfnWa3c2orc72-sGBDuGIIJs
Luther thought it was OK to enjoy life every now and then.   At least arguably.  This very family oriented Oktoberfest was a lot of fun.   I might go there for dinner tomorrow, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment